If you are still relying on a traditional data backup system in Everett for the critical documentation at your company, know that there are a number of issues that may develop that can have catastrophic consequences if something goes wrong. Be aware of the following problems that are evident with old-school backup systems:
- Traditional backup strategies transfer data to storage media like tape, which can be unreliable.
- Completing all of the required tasks involved with tape rotation and replacement, in addition to a many other processes, can be faulty due to human error.
- Data backup may be unsuccessful and may not be noticed until it is too late.
- Full backups must be completed weekly due to tape attributes, creating delays and “backup of the backups.”
- Tape backups are notorious for slow speed and other problems.
- Strangely, tapes are usually stored in the same place as the original data. Floods, fires and other disasters can destroy everything.
- Expanding backup systems and libraries of tapes are costly.
- Tapes have the potential and likelihood to break, crack, get old and unreadable or be misplaced.
- Tapes and readers must be maintained properly and cleaned regularly.
- When you necessarily update your system to remain current with technological advances, it is not likely to be compatible with the older tapes that hold valuable data.
For a state-of-the-art data backup system in Everett, call the tech pros at Technology Portal at (425)220-9294. We welcome your inquiries and would be happy to schedule a consultation with you.